[Talk-us] US Hydrographic Data

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Wed May 7 16:51:34 BST 2008

I was going to modify Matthew's script here:

http://perrygeo.googlecode.com/svn/trunk/gis-bin/nhd_to_osm.py

to try and fix the issues that he described in the header:

- support "holes" in water bodies (islands)
- tag OSM data with all available NHD data
- split long ways in the resulting OSM data

Dave, maybe you could point us to the script you used to import the TIGER
data? That way we can try and do a similar thing for the NHD data?