[Talk-us] Weird Osmosis/ROMA/pgsql issue

Milenko milenko at king-nerd.com
Thu Nov 6 18:15:15 GMT 2008

Hey all,

        I've been trying to get a local ROMA server working and I've run
into an issue with getting osmosis working.  I've patched osmosis as per the
instructions on the wiki
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/index.php/Read_Only_Map_API), but when I
import data into the pgsql database, I'm still seeing statements in the db
log files that reference commands taken out by the patch.  One specific
command is "UPDATE ways SET bbox = (SELECT Envelope(Collect(geom)) FROM
nodes JOIN way_nodes ON way_nodes.node_id = nodes.id WHERE way_nodes.way_id
= ways.id)", seen in PostgreSqlWriter.java.  I've verified that it's removed
from that file but it still runs when I try to import data.  This command
takes days when trying to import the full planet.

        Anyone have any idea how this is happening?  I've searched every
file in the osmosis directory and can't find that command, and yet it still
somehow gets run during the import.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

-Jeremy