[Talk-us] Railway spur

Joseph Scanlan n7xsd at arrl.net
Fri Nov 7 18:04:58 GMT 2008

Greetings,

Last week I was tracing around the Cedar City Regional Airport and added
a short piece of railway while I was there.  The railways I added
connect to existing ways tagged railway=spur so I tagged "mine" the
same.

 	http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=37.69715&lon=-113.09925&zoom=16&layers=B000FTF

The airport runways, taxiways, and aprons now show on the slippy map but
the railways are missing.  I admit I fall firmly in the "don't tag for
the renderer" camp but I did get curious and checked the wiki.  Sure
enough, I found "railway=rail" and "service=spur" but no "railway=spur".
I suspect this is an artifact of the TIGER conversion but wanted to
check on this list before I started changing "railway=spur" tags when I
occasionally come across them.

Joseph Scanlan                               http://www.qsl.net/n7xsd
+1-702-455-3679                               http://n7xsd.dyndns.org
jps at co.clark.nv.us (work)                   (not work) n7xsd at arrl.net

So he went inside there to take on what he found.
But he never escaped them, for who can escape what he desires?
                                               --Tony Banks of Genesis
                                                    in "The Lady Lies"