[Talk-us] Weird Osmosis/ROMA/pgsql issue

Milenko milenko at king-nerd.com
Mon Nov 10 19:48:30 GMT 2008

Hey all,

                Sorry to bring this up again, but I've had zero luck
figuring this problem out.  I've just download osmosis on a completely
different machine and applied the patches as per the ROMA page on the wiki.
I'm still seeing bbox indexing going on in the pgsql server logs.  The
specific commands are "CREATE INDEX idx_ways_bbox on WAYS using gist (BBOX)"
and "UPDATE ways SET bbox = (SELECT Envelope(Collect(geom)) FROM nodes JOIN
way_nodes ON way_nodes.node_id = nodes.id WHERE way_nodes.way_id =
ways.id)."  These are both statements that were removed by the patch from
flo, and yet they're still being executed.

                Anyone have any ideas on how this is possible?  I have a
spare server that I'd like to run ROMA on for t at h clients to use, but this
is keeping me from getting the pgsql database populated.

-Jeremy