[Talk-us] Open Source maps and Community Mapping in San Diego this Weekend!

Brandon Aguirre brandon at cloudmade.com
Thu Nov 20 23:37:23 GMT 2008

This is a last-minute announcement!

Do you have an interest in open source technology and a free online
mapping resource that gives you unrestricted access to geographic data
for research and analysis???? Come join me and hear about
OpenStreetMap and how you can get  started mapping your favorite
places today!

I'll be at Java Jones on 9th (more info on the wiki) Saturday the 22nd
and Sunday the 23rd to talk about OpenStreetMap and how you can get
involved with mapping your communities, bikeways, hiking trails, park
paths, hidden gems and other points of interest using OpenStreetMap.

I can loan you a GPS for the day and you can go out mapping, then I'll
show you how to load it onto OSM!

Check our wiki for the details and let me know you are coming either
on upcoming.yahoo.com or meetup.com...
or by emailing me directly...
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/San_Diego
http://www.meetup.com/OpenStreetMap-San-Diego/
http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/1375779/
http://upcoming.yahoo.com/event/1375801/

If you are tired of online maps that seem more like pictures of paper
maps than real resources... you'll love OpenStreetMap!

www.openstreetmap.org

And check out our wiki for more info

wiki.openstreetmap.org

Cheers,