[Talk-us] Tagging and Rendering Cycle Ways

David Carmean dlc at halibut.com
Sat Nov 29 02:48:28 GMT 2008

On a semi-related note, once again today I found myself down a trail which
was open and unsigned at one end, but a dead-end at the other, requiring me
to scale a fence to get back onto the street.  I'm not sure how to tag these,
as they may have some value for an out-and-back spur ride, but the access
permissions are unclear to me.

In California, if there isn't a gate or a sign leading from public property,
is the default to assume that access is permitted until the owner asks you
to leave?