[Talk-us] [Talk-ca] silly borders

Zeke Farwell ezekielf at gmail.com
Thu Apr 2 03:38:08 BST 2009

I agree that relations are the way to for borders.
Here is an example of 3 border ways meeting at a point, but sharing
National, State, Provence, and County boundary relations.  It's where the
New York/Vermont border meets the US/Canada/Quebec border:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=45.01193&lon=-73.34281&zoom=15&layers=B000FTF
Here's another example where the Ontario/Quebec border meets the
Canada/US/New York border:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=45.00428&lon=-74.66812&zoom=15&layers=B000FTF

In the Vermont area I have manually removed all but one way at each border
and made that way a member of the appropriate relations.  Bit of a pain, but
it's mostly done now.  For the US/Canada border I've found the Canadian
Geobase data to be more accurate than the TIGER data.

Zeke Farwell
Burlington, VT