[Talk-us] Duplicate TIGER imports

Minh Nguyen mxn at 1ec5.org
Tue Apr 14 23:41:55 BST 2009

A few weeks after DaveHansen imported the TIGER data for Ohio [1],
RSatterf reimported the data for Greene County, Ohio [2]. As a result,
every single way in the county is duplicated. On top of that, RSatterf's
import also added a "loose" node (not connected to any way) for every
node of every way in the county. Here's an example at the
Montgomery–Greene county line [3]. It's a real mess, and it looks like
we just need to delete every node or way last edited by RSatterf. We
should keep ways that've been edited by another user since then, because
in some cases DaveHansen's motorways etc. have probably been deleted in
favor of RSatterf's. So does anyone have a handy mass deletion script?

[1]
http://www.itoworld.com/product/osm/map?area=1053:10&style=_default_osm_users&show=user:5900&colour=normal
[2]
http://www.itoworld.com/product/osm/map?area=1053:10&style=_default_osm_users&show=user:24166&colour=normal