[Talk-us] [Fwd: [OSM-talk] IMPORTANT - OSM API upgrade - Read Only access mode from 09:00 UTC Fri 17th April]

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Thu Apr 16 13:31:25 BST 2009

Hi All,

Below is the official announcement from the OpenStreetMap Foundation
reminding us of temporary OSM service reductions this weekend.

These service reductions are required for the installation of the shiny
new OSM database server[1] and the API upgrade to version 0.6.  We'll
all enjoy a faster OpenStreetMap once the upgrades are complete.

Those of us planning to map and edit this weekend should expect to save
our edits locally, and upload them next week.  Have fun mapping this
weekend.

Watch the front page of the wiki for advisories during the upgrade this
weekend.[2]

Best regards,
Richard

[1] http://www.flickr.com/photos/67155762@N00/3388293945/