[Talk-us] What, exactly, does the absence of tiger:reviewed=no mean?

Russ Nelson russ at cloudmade.com
Sun Apr 26 03:09:10 BST 2009

On Apr 25, 2009, at 7:47 AM, Bill Ricker wrote:

> On Sat, Apr 25, 2009 at 9:53 AM, Russ Nelson <russ at cloudmade.com>
> wrote:
>
>> Okay, it's pretty clear that most people don't want this change
>> implemented.
>
> but it's still the right thing to do.

Yes and no.  Further to Apo's point that tiger:reviewed isn't well-
defined enough to be useful, auto-removing it following any edit is
equally poorly defined to be useful.

I think we need to morph this over to a discussion  of what, exactly,
does the absence of tiger:reviewed=no mean?  Does it mean one or all of:

   o I have travelled the entire length of the way.  It is spatially
correct.
   o I have examined every possible path for a vehicle through every
intersection and they are all correct.
   o I have verified that all of the tags on this way are correct.

--
Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog - http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:RussNelson
russ at cloudmade.com - Twitter: Russ_OSM - http://openstreetmap.org/user/RussNelson