[Talk-us] Massachusetts topo map

Chris Lawrence lordsutch at gmail.com
Wed Apr 29 22:24:34 BST 2009

On Tue, Apr 28, 2009 at 8:34 PM, Lars Ahlzen <lars at ahlzen.com> wrote:
> I've been working on a topographic map based on OSM data, somewhat
> similar in style to the National Geographic topo maps. It's very much
> work in progress, but I thought someone here might be interested.
> Feedback is welcome!

Hey, Lars!  The map looks really nice.  One minor suggestion: you may
want to consider using the outline-style U.S. highway shield like most
commercial maps use instead of the black-background U.S. highway
shield, which works well for separate road signs to bring out the sign
contrast from the surroundings but not so well on a map.

Chris