[Talk-us] [Talk-ca] Hey, look! State / Prov borders!

Lennard ldp at xs4all.nl
Wed Aug 26 16:31:57 BST 2009

James Ewen wrote:
> On Wed, Aug 26, 2009 at 8:23 AM, Richard Weait<richard at weait.com> wrote:
>
>> So we USA-ians have a few nodes to move for place=state;
>
> Ooh, yuck... the state name labels end up in the wrong spots... missed
> that. Washington looks like it has two labels.

I just cleaned up all those node placements, and added one for Alaska
too, for good measure. I think Palin took it when she left.

I tried to avoid major cities while still staying near the visual center
of the state. I know tagging for the renderer is frowned upon, but hey,
a statename doesn't have to be at the exact centroid, right? :D

> We're missing borders at different zoom levels, but that's probably
> going to sort out as the tiles are rendered.

Some state borders are missing, like between North Carolina/Virginia and
Iowa/Minnesota.

> I did some housekeeping along the western border of Alberta, and also
> along the 60th parallel already.

I just wonder why all those islands near Vancouver are tagged as
place=state.

--
Lennard