[Talk-us] [Imports] Import of Lakes from water.usgs.gov

jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com
Sat Dec 12 18:15:11 GMT 2009

On Sat, Dec 12, 2009 at 6:35 PM, David Fawcett <david.fawcett at gmail.com> wrote:
> This is another data set that will be evolving over time and for it to
> be of value, there will need to be a way to replace line segments in
> some sort of automated way.  It the import is a one-shot deal, please
> don't import the NHD for my area yet.

Ok. I have been focused on Kosovo for the past months and have had
free reign on empty slate. Sorry if I acted too quickly and sloppily
on this one big import. I was just excited to find such a huge pool of
data.

I promise to be more careful and communicate better. I am going to
work on the ozarks for the NHD in the norfork area, because nothing is
being done there. Also I found many data sources for Antartica, there
is a huge dataset available for that.

For the US, I found also a national name register, like the GNS database.

mike