[Talk-us] Import of EPA data

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Tue Dec 15 01:31:34 GMT 2009

On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 2:40 PM, jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com <
jamesmikedupont at googlemail.com> wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 14, 2009 at 8:27 PM, David Fawcett <david.fawcett at gmail.com>
> wrote:
> > I also don't think that man_made=envionmental_hazard is an appropriate
> > tag.
>
> That is easy to fix.

Not automatically.  I've seen this tag on a sewage treatment facility and on
a pool supplies shop.  And that's without really looking.  In the one case I
deleted the tag, because I couldn't find the correct location.  In the
other, I fixed the tag.

By the way, in both cases the URL didn't work.  And they were both placed in
the middle of the road (which in some ways is a good thing - it makes them
easy to spot and fix by hand).

With that in mind, I have somewhat mixed feelings about this.  As long as
you're using tags that don't show up in the renderers, I guess it's not so
bad.  But at least get the URL fixed.  In a few cases I tried to find what
the tag was actually talking about, failed, and decided to just delete it.