[Talk-us] US relations tagging redux (was Re: OSM American User Group Page)

Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com
Mon Feb 2 16:26:43 GMT 2009

sure this is still work in progress and I am not an expert in the
details of the highway system. more interested in getting the data
into the system.
my idea is to start creating relations and to document it for others.
changing the details of a relation or adding more tags is done in a
second. but creating the relation and adding all segments is a lot of
work. this is manual work and needs collaboration and documentation on
the long interstates to avoid a total chaos.
in some areas tiger data is still entirely broken and it's probably
better to add the relation during initial cleanup work