[Talk-us] National Forest Boundaries

Adam Schreiber sadam at clemson.edu
Thu Feb 19 16:00:39 GMT 2009

On Thu, Feb 19, 2009 at 10:56 AM, James Fee <james.fee at gmail.com> wrote:
> The problem is that they aren't the same.  National Forests are Department
> of Agriculture and National Parks are Department of Interior.  There is
> probably a smart way to tag them, but there definitely should be separation
> between National Parks and everything else.

Then an operator tag could be added.  I meant "the same" in the way
that states in the US have the same administrative level as counties
in England because they're the next smaller division from the national
level.  Are both operated by a national entity/bureau? Yes.  Are they
operated by the same entity/bureau? No.  Thus, make the distinction in
a meaningful way.

Cheers,

Adam