[Talk-us] Public Domain Non-GPS Data Question

Russ Nelson russ at cloudmade.com
Wed Feb 25 19:22:26 GMT 2009

On Feb 25, 2009, at 7:19 AM, Christopher Schmidt wrote:

> This is interesting, but makes me feel uneasy: the entire point of OSM
> is to be as Legally Far From Hot Water as possible, and directly
> contradicting something the GIS department *wants*, even if the
> supreme
> court slapped them on the wrist and sent them to the corner, seems
> to be
> a dangerous idea to me... not because OSM could gt sued and lose, but
> because it could get sued at all...

Anyone can be sued for anything at any time.  You don't want to set
case law, but once it's been set, it's the GIS department's problem.

--
Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog - http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:RussNelson
russ at cloudmade.com - http://openstreetmap.org/user/RussNelson