[Talk-us] Micro Mapping Party in Blacksburg, VA

Richard Weait richard at weait.com
Thu Feb 26 05:00:35 GMT 2009

On Tue, 2009-02-24 at 05:21 -0800, Spencer Riddile wrote:
> I am organizing a micro mapping party in Blacksburg, VA.  We will be
> targeting biking related features.  Is it worth adding a wiki page for
> this event?  How do I get in touch with other OSM contributors in my
> area?

Hi Spencer,

You are going to have a lot of fun!  I suggest that you add the wiki
page and add the event to the calendar as well.
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Current_events

One way to contact nearby mappers uses josm.  Download your area of
interest.  Alt-Shift-A to display the "authors" pane.  Ctrl-A to select
all objects.  The Authors pane will now list the Authors (editors) of
those objects ordered by activity.

Another way uses your API login and settings.  Login to
www.openstreetmap.org.  Click on your username. Click on settings and
set a home location.  Click on your username again and see ten local
mappers.

Best regards,
Richard