[Talk-us] Public Domain Non-GPS Data Question

Christopher Schmidt crschmidt at metacarta.com
Thu Feb 26 22:37:09 GMT 2009

On Thu, Feb 26, 2009 at 05:29:21PM -0500, Russ Nelson wrote:
> Please read the NASA Open Source License.  In it you will very clearly
> find the position that FedGov-produced works are not copyrightable FOR
> US CITIZENS.  That license is written as FedGov works ARE copyrighted
> for everyone else.

Arguing the finer points of copyright law when you're not a lawyer is
foolish. I apologize for appealing to common sense.

I apologize for not sending this discussion to legal-talk earlier; now I
feel the need to unsubscribe from *this* list as well as that one.

Best Regards,
--
Christopher Schmidt
MetaCarta