[Talk-us] Large-scale Data Imports and Tags on Nodes

Ian Dees ian.dees at gmail.com
Tue Jan 6 17:34:49 GMT 2009

I don't think it makes sense to put tags on nodes for mega-imports. This
adds tons of extraneous information that fills up the database quite
quickly. It also increases the size of OSM file downloads by a large margin

Is it really a good idea to attribute each node? Let's stick with
attribution on ways. If we're really worried about it, we could do mass
imports with a specific user and give that user a wiki page to describe
where the data came from.

...discuss...