[Talk-us] Boston Coastline leak? Re: Where next?

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Sat Jan 31 17:56:30 GMT 2009

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 10:01 PM, Bill Ricker <bill.n1vux at gmail.com> wrote:
> On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 9:47 AM, Christopher Schmidt
> <crschmidt at metacarta.com> wrote:
>> just assumed it was a renderer problem instead of a data problem.
>
> looks like it's both ?-)
>
> can you or someone figure out what the fix is?

seems to me that freshwater on the inland side of a dam with locks
should not be natural=coastline, so i am adding waterway=dam,lock=yes
to the Amelia Earhart Dam and converting the offending coastline
polygons to waterway=riverbank. this may not fix watever the intrinsic
problem is -     polygons seem rightway round, clockwise wet. I am
unclear on how adjacent wet polygons should touch, maybe i should ask
that on Newbies :-)

--
Bill
n1vux at arrl.net bill.n1vux at gmail.com