[Talk-us] Fixing TIGER

Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com
Tue Jul 7 18:23:19 BST 2009

it's bad if you don't have a 4WD but your navi thinks it's perfect to
use :(
but even tomtom, google, ... have the same errors in these areas.
if we want osm to be better there is no easy way to get it right
without checking the reality.
mass imports give a good starting point but it's really hard to remove
the old invalid data and there not many mappers in remote areas to
verify it. yahoo images don't help either in forests. You can't tell
the type of a track if it's barly visible because of the trees.