[Talk-us] US Online Mapping Parties

Russ Nelson russ at cloudmade.com
Thu Jul 16 06:43:43 BST 2009

On Jul 8, 2009, at 7:08 PM, Jeffrey Ollie wrote:

> On Wed, Jul 8, 2009 at 8:30 PM, Nicholas
> Vetrovec<nickvet419 at yahoo.com> wrote:
>> Maybe we should start a wiki for organizing and planning
>> the online party.
>
> Is there somewhere that we can get higher resolution and more recent
> aerial photography?  For stuff that's near me you can't do a whole lot
> with the Yahoo imagery unless you have some familiarity with the
> area...

This page gives instructions on how to use the USGS 1 meter per pixel
aerial photos provided by Terraservice with JOSM:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:Beej71#Terraserver_Aerial_Photos_with_the_JOSM_WMS_Plugin

If you're not using JOSM because it seems too hard, try watching my
tutorial videos:
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/JOSM#First_Steps

--
Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog - http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:RussNelson