[Talk-us] Proposed automated motorway_link mass edit

Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com
Fri Jul 17 07:47:58 BST 2009

very nice check. it finds a lot of problems.
but the solution to fix it is wrong. checked 4 ways and on 3 it will
break things even more.
did the fixes in josm but did not upload yet. can send the osm file if
you like to check.
the tiger import has lot's of places where this is the correct fix.
but it's wrong when the motorway_link is correct but just not
connected to the motorway.
  after this change connection is still missing AND highway tag will
be wrong.

I think you need to break it into 2 categories.
1) links which are connected at least to 2 other highways and none of
the connections is in the same category
- can be fixed in most cases without breaking anything.
2) connected only to one other way. must be fixed manually. If you
create the same report just for this category it will be great. and if
you add a link for the josm remote plugin  it will be amazing.

thanks