[Talk-us] TIGER corrections: tagging for source of corrected data?

Mon Jul 20 03:31:54 BST 2009

At 2009-07-19 17:51, David Carmean wrote:
>Is there any talk of/conventions/tags for identifying the source of data
>used to
>correct TIGER errors?  For example, my own GPS track/survey, somebody
>else's GPS
>track, USGS Urban Area, DLG, etc?

I remove the "tiger:reviewed" tag, insert (or append to) a "source" tag
with values:

yahoo_imagry [sic] (mis-spelled for consistency with current usage);
usgs_imagery;
image (for my own picture);
survey (I drove the area);
local_knowledge (from my own recollection);
local_government (local city/county/state maps or GIS system)
tiger_2008 (I manually consulted TIGER 2008)

I then populate source_ref or source_url with an appropriate value,
like my own photo # or URL of the site or map I consulted
(out-of-copyright sources only, of course).

BTW, can someone confirm that I'm doing the right thing by
separating multiple values for a tag with a semicolon (';'),
like "survey;image;yahoo_imagry;local_government" ?

BTW2, in getting a list of my values, I noticed that, while
imported TIGER ways contain:
         <tag k='tiger:source' v='tiger_import_dch_v0.6_20070809' />,

nodes instead contain:
         <tag k='source' v='tiger_import_dch_v0.6_20070809' />

('source', not 'tiger:source').