[Talk-us] TIGER corrections: tagging for source of corrected data?

Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com
Mon Jul 20 06:36:37 BST 2009

> I remove the "tiger:reviewed" tag, insert (or append to) a "source"
> tag
> with values:
>
> yahoo_imagry [sic] (mis-spelled for consistency with current usage);
> usgs_imagery;
> image (for my own picture);
> survey (I drove the area);
> local_knowledge (from my own recollection);
> local_government (local city/county/state maps or GIS system)
> tiger_2008 (I manually consulted TIGER 2008)

If you structure the edits it maybe better to add this instead in the
changeset comment.
tags can be changed but changesets are readonly.
personally I don't add this except for imports. simply because it's
lot of additional work and there is so much to fix for tiger ....

.
> I then populate source_ref or source_url with an appropriate value,
> like my own photo # or URL of the site or map I consulted
> (out-of-copyright sources only, of course).
>
> BTW, can someone confirm that I'm doing the right thing by
> separating multiple values for a tag with a semicolon (';'),
> like "survey;image;yahoo_imagry;local_government" ?

yes, this is common and documented.