[Talk-us] tiger:separated

David Carmean dlc at halibut.com
Sat Jul 25 03:19:44 BST 2009

What is the intent of the tiger:separated tag?  Was it to indicate that a single way actually
represents a set of two or more parallel ways?

What should we do when we modify a single TIGER way to represent the true divided nature of a
street/road?  For example, when I copy the entire way and paste a copy offset by a few meters
to form the other direction of the road?  Should tiger:separated be considered immutable and
left alone?  Or deleted?  Or changed to 'yes'?