[Talk-us] Addresses and Tiger

Theodore Book tbook at libero.it
Mon Jun 8 22:35:16 BST 2009

Sorry to have made the initial post and dropped out of the discussion.
I have been away from the list for a while.  Thanks for all of the
comments on the Tiger addressing script.  I have worked up an upgrade
(now on SVN), and gone ahead and imported a second county - Cherokee,
GA.  The corners are now a bit smoother, and the ends of the address
ways are pulled back from the intersections.  You can see it at:
http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=34.1498&lon=-84.5052&zoom=12&layers=B000FTF
Again, I would appreciate any feedback.  I would certainly be open to a
relation-based approach, but at the moment, so far as I can tell, the
Karlsruhe schema is the only addressing "standard" on OSM.  Thanks.

TB