[Talk-us] [Geowanking] Public source for National and State Park and Forest boundaries?

Tyler tyler.ritchie at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 04:37:44 BST 2009

I apologize for the cross-posting but there are relevant conversations now
on both OSM-talk and geowanking regarding this data.
I just took a quick look at a dozen or so different parks comparing the
federal lands data I linked earlier with the data Andrew Turner just posted.
Unsuprisingly the NPS data is of higher resolution at each of the sites I
checked out, and in a couple of cases the federal lands data has huge
inaccuracies (though it mostly looks like problems with borders between
federal lands). The federal lands data also lacks a projection (appears to
be NAD 1983).

If you use the federal lands data, I also suggest you toss the NPS boundary
data on there and use that where appropriate.

-Tyler Ritchie