[Talk-us] SotM: State of the US map

Dirk Munson dirkmunson at gmail.com
Thu Jun 18 14:41:49 BST 2009

Dear All-

I'll be at State of the Map next month, and will be giving a 'State of
the United States Map' briefing to a crowd of international OSM
enthusiasts.  The talk is a mere ten minutes in length, during which I
hope to give an overview of our growing community and its activities.
-So much to cover, so little time.

*State of the States 2009*
-Overview of US OSM community; past year's mapping parties
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Past_Events)
-Bulk data imports
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_United_States/Data)
-Mapping projects
(http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/WikiProject_United_States/Projects)
-Map/data show and tell

I warmly welcome your input for this talk.  So, please drop me a line
if you have suggestions for a project/topic/idea you'd like to see
included.  Know of an area of the US map that looks great?  Have
something you'd like to brag about to the international OSM community?
-I'm all ears.

I'd greatly appreciate any links/data/slides you might have in
addition to the previous links on the wiki.

Best,

-Dirk