[Talk-us] Fixing Alignments in JOSM

Andrew Ayre andy at britishideas.com
Tue Jun 23 19:57:05 BST 2009

I'm not sure if I can clearly explain my problem, but I'll try.

The tiger street alignments are a mess in my area and I'm trying to fix
them. I will come across a situation where there is a North-South way
that crosses an East-West way. Thet are joined with a common node.
However in reality it is a staggered junction.

So I need to split the North-South way into two pieces and it intersects
the East-West way in two places.

I cannot figure out how to do this in JOSM. I've tried everything -
splitting a way at nodes, ungluing, etc. The way always remains joined.
Can someone please give me a step by step guide to fixing this alignment
problem?

I hope I explained it clearly enough.

Thanks, Andy

--