[Talk-us] Fixing Alignments in JOSM

Alan Millar am12 at bolis.com
Wed Jun 24 18:08:19 BST 2009

> However in reality it is a staggered junction.
>
> So I need to split the North-South way into two pieces and it intersects
> the East-West way in two places.

Depending on how far off the stagger is, you also may want to consider not
splitting it, but just aligning the streets with two extra nodes.  I've
come across this where the stagger is small, and feels like it can still
be considered one intersection.

Here's an example of several intersections like that within a few blocks
of each other:

http://www.openstreetmap.org/?lat=45.56144&lon=-122.65675&zoom=17&layers=0B00FTF

Your taste may vary; it's just an alternative suggestion.

- Alan