[Talk-us] Fixing Alignments in JOSM

Russ Nelson russ at cloudmade.com
Wed Jun 24 19:20:34 BST 2009

On Jun 24, 2009, at 1:25 PM, Karl Newman wrote:

> , but it's likely to confuse some less-sophisticated routing
> engines. This could result in a detour and delay for the driver if
> the routing engine told the driver to turn onto the cross street and
> he or she gets into a dedicated turn lane, and then realizes too
> late that they should have gone straight instead.

1) let's not borrow trouble, and
2) just as we shouldn't edit for the renderer, we shouldn't edit for
the router.  A very small section of street within a route should be
recognizable as a "slight bend".

--
Russ Nelson - http://community.cloudmade.com/blog - http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/User:RussNelson
russ at cloudmade.com - Twitter: Russ_OSM - http://openstreetmap.org/user/RussNelson