[Talk-us] Tags for US Forest Service GIS Trail Data

Spencer Riddile riddile_spencer at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 5 15:20:11 GMT 2009

I'm working on figuring out what tags to use for the fields/columns that are included in the USFS GIS trail data that I am going to import into OSM.  Has anyone set a precedent for this already?  Would it make sense for me to add a section to the wiki page for the USFS (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/US_Forest_Service_Data) in an effort to standardize?  This would be for trails specifically and would follow what has been established on the Hiking wiki page (http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Hiking).

National Forest Trails
tags proposed:

	* owner = national_forest, private_on_nf, private_noton_nf, county, state, city_town
	* closure_status = open, closed, restricted, decommissionedAlso, are there tags to keep information about metadata like the data source (i.e. gps, digitized, etc)?

Spencer