[Talk-us] GNIS Import Done

Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com
Fri Mar 13 06:41:58 GMT 2009

How accurate is this data and how does it fit match with USGS maps? Just
checked one Peak I had entered some time ago.
USGS map 9735ft =2967m, GNIS import 2965m & position shift ~20m  (Garmin
TopoUS 2008 2964m)
position of USGS map and Yahoo matches exactly with my gpx tracks.

Interesting to see USGS must have different data. And like in many other
cases Garmin has the wrong data ....