[Talk-us] "Way has a tag with too long a value, ..."

Richard Welty rwelty at averillpark.net
Sun May 10 16:04:36 BST 2009

[i'm relatively new to osm and haven't spoken up here before]

recent improvements to JOSM have allowed me to see why some of my work
wasn't able to be uploaded, the
server error message handling is much better. which leads me to this
question...

the tag referenced in the subject is 'tiger:tlid' and not being
intimately familiar with the details of the tiger import,
i don't know exactly what its function is. the one in question is indeed
quite long. what would be the
preferred disposition, deleting the entire tag, just cutting it down
(and if so, what should be cut), or something else?

thanks,
    richard