[Talk-us] Super Wal-Mart Tag

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Thu Nov 12 22:24:26 GMT 2009

We kinda have this problem all over the place: anywhere you have
multiple places of business where you enter into the building at the
same location for all of them.  This could be a mall, or a Wal-Mart,
or a two-story building with a store on each level.

We currently have no markup for accurately mapping this situation.
Earn yourself a LOLCat of Awesomeness and design markup that works.
-russ

Thea Clay writes:
 > Hi,
 > I have a random question... does anyone have suggestions for how I would correctly tag a Super Wal-Mart? I read through the wiki but there didn't appear to be a tag that fit.
 >
 > The store in question has a 1.) a full grocery store with bakery/deli/produce/dry goods, 2.) a full service hair and nail salon, 3.) clothes and typical random household items, 4.) a pharmacy, 5.) a full service car lube and tire shop, 6.) an opthamologist and RX glasses shop, 7.) a garden center/nursery, 8.) a gas station and 9.) a Subway sandwich shop. All of these sub-stores are located within the same building and are part of Wal-Mart, not multiple stores located in a strip mall. Scary right :) Is this tagged as one store (which it is in reality) or multiple specialty shops?
 >
 > To complicate matters, there is a difference between a Super Wal-Mart and regular Wal-Mart/Target/Big Box Store. And Super Wal-Marts all seem to have slightly different variations on the types of shops they have in each store.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-323-1241
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog