[Talk-us] TIGER considered harmful

Anthony osm at inbox.org
Sun Nov 15 22:23:04 GMT 2009

On Sun, Nov 15, 2009 at 4:20 PM, Dave Hansen <dave at sr71.net> wrote:
> So, what I did initially was go and contact all of the mappers in the US
> that I could find.  I asked them all individually what should be done in
> their local areas and I believe I was able to follow their wishes
> without failure.

Are you planning to do the same with the TIGER address import?

> If you want to do the same with TIGER removal, I'd
> welcome it, especially if you have something superior to contribute.  On
> a small or large scale, we should *NEVER* keep any data in the map just
> because it is what was already there.

Yeah, most of the TIGER import isn't that hard to remove (an exception
would be those CDPs, which I'd have probably removed by now if it were
simple, since they're completely out of touch with reality).  If you
don't like it, just remove it right before you add something better.