[Talk-us] [OSM-talk] Karlruhe Scheme addressing ways from 2009 TIGER data

Russ Nelson nelson at crynwr.com
Mon Nov 16 14:34:54 GMT 2009

Andy Allan writes:
 > On Sat, Nov 14, 2009 at 6:22 PM, Dave Hansen <dave at sr71.net> wrote:
 >
 > > There are still quite a few squeaky wheels that
 > > like to grumble about TIGER, but I haven't heard a single person say
 > > that it did more harm than good.
 >
 > It did more harm than good.

No, it didn't.  I didn't start mapping until TIGER was imported.  Why?
Because I knew that a lot of the work had already been done.  Why
should I waste my time, as you folks in the UK have **been forced** to
waste your time reinventing an existing map?  We have a public domain
map which we could start with.

Don't try to cast your impediment as an advantage.  It wasn't, and our
advantage (sensible government policy) isn't an impediment.

Crynwr supports open source software
521 Pleasant Valley Rd. | +1 315-323-1241
Potsdam, NY 13676-3213  |     Sheepdog