[Talk-us] Whole-US Garmin Map Update

Bill Ricker bill.n1vux at gmail.com
Tue Nov 17 01:05:50 GMT 2009

On Mon, Nov 16, 2009 at 7:55 PM, Dave Hansen <dave at sr71.net> wrote:

> > I'll  try it on my 76csx eventually .
>
> That's what I've got.  It seems to work pretty darn well.

That's very good news. Here in new england the state files are just too
small, one can drive across several and back on one tank of gas, and my
attempt to follow instructions to merge a newenland img file choked on the
bounding-box overlaps due to non-convex borders.   I was annoyed when i
drove off the map yesterday. -- the cloudmad qa map for Massachusetts covers
98% of Rhode Island since its cradled in Cap Cod's shoulder, but not the
southernmost tip of Newport where i was exploring a fort and incidentally
mapping yesterday. But passenger new the right detours so got some key
waypoints for future use too.

--
Bill
n1vux at arrl.net bill.n1vux at gmail.com