[Talk-us] Characterizing Systematic Errors in Hawaii and US Pacific Island Data

Kevin Samples ksamples at uga.edu
Fri Oct 2 22:39:45 BST 2009

it looks like the county boundaries were imported from a USGS source
with a very course scale of 1:2,000,000.  The tiger county boundaries
are much better and have a scale of about 1:100,000.   in any case, the
county boundaries in the 2008 tiger dataset maintain an approximate 3
mile buffer around the coastline.  maybe we should think about importing
the tiger county boundaries.  but i'm sure it won't be easy.

kevin