[Talk-us] Is there a solution to Yahoo WMS poor image quality?

Thu Sep 3 04:01:11 BST 2009

At 2009-09-02 19:53, Mike N. wrote:
> > As is well known apparently, at some point in the last couple of months,
> > the Yahoo imagery available through WMS became pixelated and difficult to
> > use at zoom levels high enough to trace individual streets.
>
>   That has not happened in my area.     If you're using JOSM, I seem to
>recall that it helps to start at a zoom less than 100M, which selects the
>hi-res image rendition.

To clarify, I'm talking about the 25-50m zoom levels. Also, a significant
part of the problem is the large and oft-repeated (30 times at 50m zoom!)
Yahoo copyright notices that corrupt a significant part of the retrieved
imagery.