[Talk-us] Unpaved streets

Chris Hunter chunter952 at gmail.com
Wed Sep 9 18:34:59 BST 2009

Paul,

Thanks for the reminder about the US Tagging page, I forgot to add it to my
watchlist in the wiki and it's definitely grown since my last read-through.

Regarding the whole road vs. track vs. path debate, I think the only way of
resolving the whole track/tracktype (
http://wiki.openstreetmap.org/wiki/Key:tracktype) issue is to allow each
country's mappers to decide how to deal with that particular tag.

Since we're revisiting the issue at the moment, I'd like to propose
re-opening the track and tracktype pages for RFC and create a US usage
standard for both keys.  Does anyone else feel like seconding this?

Thanks,
Chris