[Talk-us] Restriction tagging

Paul Johnson baloo at ursamundi.org
Wed Sep 30 00:21:57 BST 2009

On Mon, 2009-09-28 at 23:10 -0400, Nakor wrote:
> Hello,
>
> I am wondering how you can map that when you enter a highway from a
> specific ramp you cannot exit at the next one. Please see
> http://osm.org/go/ZXCt9WHU-- where it is forbidden driving from I-94
> east to M-10 to exit M-10 at exit 4C. Is what I did in relation
> http://www.openstreetmap.org/browse/relation/275622 correct?

I'd call that a no_right_turn myself, but OK.  This is probably worked
out better in a lane relation once those become available.  In the mean
time, you might consider this example:

http://tools.geofabrik.de/mc/?mt0=mapnik&mt1=googlesat&lon=-123.0251&lat=44.92936&zoom=18

Eastbound motorists and bicyclists on OR-22 merging into Mission Street
cannot make a legal left turn at 17th Street.