[Talk-us] Systematic errors in the Maui, Hawaii Data

Stellan Lagerstrom lagerstrom at blindsight.com
Wed Sep 30 14:12:53 BST 2009

Since the roads are so concentrated along the coast, it seems fairly
simple to load a few hundred ways at a time into an editor to shift them.
Not more than a few hours work, surely.

Lanai seems to suffer from the same error, so I experimented. Selecting
only those with tiger:reviewed=no, there are just 330 ways.
Using the street grid in Lanai City as a guide, I dragged them into
position. The result is not perfect, but no worse than is normal for
Tiger data...

/Stellan