[Talk-us] Street Naming Conventions

Val Kartchner val42k at gmail.com
Fri Apr 9 05:08:33 BST 2010

On Thu, 2010-04-08 at 23:43 -0400, Dale Puch wrote:
> With regards to E Ave  Check for a base name if all is matched.  If
> nothing is left, leave the name alone.
> I'm not sure what you asking about with Southbay vs South bay  Are you
> trying to figure out if the bot should add or remove the space?  If
> so, leave that for manual edits.
>
> Dale

Dale,

For "E Ave", I don't know if you're addressing me or the bot's master
(Andrew), but I'll answer for me.  The "tiger:name_base" is actually
"E" (the quotes are used as delimiters).  Tonight, I was actually in the
area and I looked at several of the street signs, but not "E Ave".  The
actual signs of the two that I noted are "A Ave" and "B Ave", though I
noted "E Ave" when I originally surveyed the area.  It should be
expanded to "E Avenue", but no more.

The "Southbay" vs "South Bay" is something that someone else mentioned
in this discussion.  He said that his actual street name is "Southbay
Drive", but some mail arrives with the address of "South Bay
Drive" (which is incorrect).  This is something else that we need to
avoid.

- Val -