[Talk-us] Abbreviation Police

Apollinaris Schoell aschoell at gmail.com
Wed Aug 4 06:41:11 BST 2010

On 3 Aug 2010, at 22:32 , Kevin Atkinson wrote:

> OK.  So There is clearly no agreement on the abbreviation of road types (Street, Way, etc).  So what about these specific exceptions.  I will assume silence means agreement :)
>
> Rather than "United Stated Highway 29 Frontage Road" just "U.S. 29 Frontage Road" or maybe "US 29 Frontage Road". Why.  Because no will say the formal out load.

most of the times I see it
name=Frontage Road
ref=US 29

this will be rendered in similar way as on other maps. Name is on the street and US, I, is on a shield. Doesn't make sense to duplicate the ref on the name.

for the rest of the proposed changes in previos mails of the thread I'd say go ahead and do the changes.