[Talk-us] Would Like To Clean Salt Lake City Street Names

Kevin Atkinson kevin at atkinson.dhs.org
Thu Aug 5 08:40:26 BST 2010

This is in progress, and taking forever (I about 10,000 ways in all).

Apparently uploading large changesets with JOSM takes a long time.  Not
sure if it's JOSM or the server.  Worse, I started to upload some changes
(using 1000 size chunks as JOSM couldn't handle it all at once), but it
took forever and didn't look like it was making progress so I canceled it.
Well apparently the server got the changes and posted them so when I tried
again I got a conflict. ... and than after trying various things which I
won't go into I got things going again, this time using 100 size chunks so
at least I know its making progress.

Moral of the story, when uploading a large changeset with JOSM use small
chunks (like 100) or be very very patient.

BTW: I also looked into using an upload script, but the only one I could
find that would do what I want with the new API (0.6) requires python 3
which I don't have installed (there is a python 2 version, but that failed
with a syntax error).