[Talk-us] minutes from August 5th OSMF US chapter conference call
rwelty at averillpark.net
Fri Aug 6 01:34:06 BST 2010
the web page may be found here:
OSM US Chapter Call August 5th, 2010
Kate Chapman, Serge Wroclawski, Richard Welty, Thea Clay, Steven Johnson
Approval of Minutes
July 22nd, 2010
Thea motion to approve, Serge seconded. no objections, minutes approved.
Kate Chapman (President)
Has been focused on SOTM-US stuff. Wishes to start on tax-exempt
paperwork after SOTM-US.
Serge Wroclawski (VP)
Working on presentations and with Ian on OSM US server work.
Richard Welty (Secretary)
1) Membership report as of 6PM ET 8/5/2010. 23 have filled out
membership forms: 20 paid members, 2 have submitted forms but not paid
via Paypal. 1 has paid via paypal but the payment was reversed. One
student discount so far. Need to contact (again) the 3 unpaid to resolve
2) Election report: nominations open, 9 nominations. All nominees to
date are paid members and eligible to serve.
3) i have requested that mailman (or equivalent mailing list manager) be
installed on openstreetmap.us to facilitate an announce@ list for members.
Thea Clay (Treasurer)
- PayPal account = $1,613.94 USD as of 5:20 PM August 5, 2010.
(Apx $400 in membership dues and $1,200 in SOTM US fees and sponsorships)
- Wachovia Bank total = $.22 as of 5:20 August 5, 2010.
- Need to work out a process to transfer accounts to new treasurer asap
because transfer of accounts will be involved process and require
multiple steps. Suggest finding way to avoid having accounts in
individuals names in the future.
- Vendor payments begin for SOTM US on Monday August 9, 2010
Steven Johnson (at Large)
1) Ticket issue for SOTM registrant. Thea has started corrective action.
2) Working on SOTM issues for the past several weeks, sponsorship and
Thea hopes to have a name for an Independent Election Observer to
After some discussion, it was agreed to use survey monkey as was done
with the first election.
Role Email accounts
These are needed for roles such as treasurer. Action item for Serge.
This will facilitate handing Thea’s concern about transition of
Treasurer to a new board member.
Annual Meeting Format
The question was raised of how we will run the first annual meeting.
Serge suggests we probably are required to produce a formal annual
report. It was agreed that we would all review the bylaws and further
discuss in email.
Kate reports Penn State wants to learn how to put on a mapping party.
Serge is still working on a DC mapping party, but is deferring further
effort until after SOTM US.
Motion to Adjourn
Thea motion to adjourn, Kate seconded. No objections, meeting adjourned.
More information about the Talk-us