[Talk-us] Rendering of semicolon delimited values (WAS: Would Like To Clean Salt Lake City Street Names)

Lennard ldp at xs4all.nl
Fri Aug 6 18:46:24 BST 2010

On 6-8-2010 17:30, Nathan Edgars II wrote:

> It's easy enough to fix in the renderer. If you put semicolons in the
> name=* tag for a highway=motorway_junction Mapnik now replaces it with
> a line break; something similar could be done for ref tags.

It could, but that won't exactly look pretty on a shield symbol designed
for a single line ref. :)

The issue for shields is that mapnik doesn't yet have the ability to
vary the shield location along a line, when there already is a shield
where it wants to render another one. So, while we can easily split on
";", mapnik then attempts to render them all at the same spot.
Obviously, only the first one would render.

--
Lennard